Chancellor Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department


CVFR has been proudly serving the citizens of Spotsylvania County since 1956. Originally known as the Chancellor Volunteer Fire Department the organization became a combined system offering both fire and rescue services in 2003 and updated its name to Chancellor Volunteer Fire & Rescue to reflect the wide range of services provided. CVFR operates out Fire Rescue Station 5 on Plank Road, a new facility that opened in August, 2016.  Among numerous accomplishments, CVFR was awarded the 2007 Governor’s Award for Outstanding Agency!

Visit the Chancellor Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department website at www.cvfr.net